MULTI-TARGET TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT SENSOR
The «CORDON-V» sensor is designed for automatic license plate recognition, capturing various traffic violations and data transmission to the police back office. A set of two and more sensors or mix with existing CORDON-family photo radar systems enables the average speed measurement.
- Budget option for automatic road traffic enforcement
- Average speed control on long road segments using the chain of sensors
- Ability to upgrade the existing cordon-family systems for average speed measurements
- Video surveillance and traffic statistics collection
The «CORDON-V» sensor is installed at height of several meters on a stationary support (lighting pole, framework support etc.) either on roadside or above the road. System setup and alignment are performed using the mobile computer or smartphone via Wi-Fi connection.
The average speed measurement is performed by the time taken to travel the known distance between two sensors.The license plate recognition, speed calculation and evidence collection are performed by the sensor itself.
The video archive and evidence data are temporally stored in embedded storage and then transferred to Police Back Office via secure wired or wireless data channels (Wi-Fi, Ethernet, LTE) for further processing.
The existing CORDON-family Photo Radar Sensors with time measurement feature may be utilized for measuring the average speed by «CORDON-V» sensor.
SCOPE OF APPLICATION
- Average speed enforcement using two and more sensors.
- Video surveying and license plate recognition for detective-search activities.
- Photo and video capturing for other traffic violations.
- Road intersections and railroad crossings may be equipped with set of «CORDON-V» sensors and survey cameras for capturing the red light running violations.
MAJOR FUNCTIONS AND FEATURES
AUTOMATIC PHOTO EVIDENCE CAPTURING
- The sensor controls and captures all passing vehicles on at least 2 lanes of traffic in both directions.
- Ability to measure the average speed between two sensors.
- Ability to set different speed limits for cars and trucks and for different road lanes.
- Ability to upgrade the existing CORDON-family systems for average speed measuring.
- The sensor may be shipped with program module for vehicle classification.
- Automatic capturing of various traffic violations with photo and video evidence: movement in wrong direction, on reserved bus lane, on roadside or on pavement.
AUTOMATIC LICENSE PLATE RECOGNITION
- Automatic license plate recognition for various countries, including 2-line and 3-line number plates.
- Neural network technology ensures quick adaptation to new license plate formats.
- Ability to check the passing vehicles using the various databases in internal memory.
- The captured data may be transmitted to Police Back Office in real time via secure VPN connection using the wired or wireless (3G/4G) data channels.
- The data may be transferred via backup wireless data channel (Wi-Fi).
- Gathering the statistical data on traffic flow intensity and other properties.
EASY MOUNTING AND SETUP
- The sensor is mounted on lighting pole using the quick installation bracket with 3D rotary head and built-in power unit.
- The embedded software and captured data are protected against unauthorized changes.
- The exported data is protected with secure digital signature.
- Encrypted HTTPS connection support for web interface access.
- High resolution video streaming in real time.
- Continuous video recording and archiving.
- Ability to download the video clip within the desired time interval.
TELEMETRYAND DIAGNOSIS TOOLS
- Supports self-diagnosis and remote diagnosis features.
- Automatic tracking of health parameters and streaming the telemetry information in real time.
- Logging the system events and user actions.
- May be used in co-operation with CORDON-family Photo Radar Systems.
- Internal GPS/GLONASS receiver ensures determination of geographic coordinates where the violation took place.
- Automatic time synchronization with satellite navigation system and/or with time server.
- All-weather sensor housing conforms to IP65 standard.
NIGHT TIME OPERATION
- Internal IR spotlight enables nighttime operation, regardless of roadway lighting conditions.